Friday, April 28, 2006

The Inner Voice

I can never forget that conversation. That has given me another purpose for my life. I was returning to my home after a movie show. I was sharing an auto rickshaw with two people from a nearby village. I heard the first guy telling the other that his son is admitted to a hospital for some treatment I don’t remember. Suddenly, the first guy took some two or three Rs.100 notes out of a small dirty packet. Looked like this was all he had. He told the other guy that he was looking for some Rs.5000 for lab check-up using big instruments. He was feeling helpless.
My reaction was obvious. I forgot what happened in the movie. Even I was feeling helpless at that moment. I was thinking of thousands of similar cases in India.
The majority in India lives in villages. They don’t have sufficient money even to eat twice a day! How on earth can they afford such costly medical check-ups? If our country has got the technology (imported may be), we should have some measures to make it accessible to poor. We should make sure that a farmer doesn’t have to sell his land (if he’s got one!) just because his son has got ill. It’s not their fault if they are poor.
As N.D.Walsch says in Conversations With God, “ Let each soul walk its own path”. I know I can’t and shouldn’t change the way they want to live. But we, who are now in a position to make some positive changes in the world, should try to make their life a little better in one way or the other. I think I have been fortunate enough as I got all the resources. But not everyone gets even the bare minimum. So, whose responsibility is this to take care of lesser granted people??? Should we be ignorant and keep telling to ourselves that someone else will do something for them OR should we take some responsibility and at least make sure that they are alive!
I want a free of cost medical treatment for poor. And this tops the list of my very few long term goals. I don’t know when my dream will come true, but I am sure it will some day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Porcelain said...

im happy you brought it up.. i too have been in a village, and seen conditions there. Its hopeless, and it should be everyones endeavour to make it a long term or maybe even a short term goal. Villages are the lifeline of our country.. Short n sweet, but such an important topic.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

is that real you.... do u really feel it that way??? just be true... if its a yes then its really commendable that atleast u have given it a thought

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home